As someone who immigrated from Sāo Paulo, Brazil, and grew up working in her family’s restaurant in San Francisco, Partner Erika Gonçalves has direct experience confronting the U.S. Immigration system’s challenges. A steadfast advocate for the rights of immigrants, Erika has represented countless clients seeking legal status, and worked pro bono for the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area, and Centro Legal de La Raza’s immigration clinic.
Erika’s fluency in English, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish, makes her a strong advocate for clients from Brazil, Mexico, Guatemala, and many other countries in matters of asylum, deportation defense, adjustment of status, DACA, and naturalization. She has helped hundreds of clients to obtain lawful immigration status under the U-Visa Program and VAWA, which protects victims of violent crimes.
Erika earned her JD from UC Hastings College of the Law. Prior to completing her law degree, She graduated cum laude from the University of San Francisco with a BA in Politics and Latin American Studies. She is a member of the State Bar of California, the US District Court for the Northern District of California, and the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- University of San Francisco
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Politics
- Major: Latin American Studies
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Immigration Law
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Gateway High School Board of Trustees, Member, Present
- San Francisco La Raza Lawyers, 2010
- Charles Houston Bar Association, 2010
- State Bar of California, Member
Current Employment Position