Fiancé(e) Petitions

Strength, Creativity & Passion for Immigration Advocacy

Oakland Fiancé(e) Petition Lawyers 

Did you fall in love while on vacation? Or did you meet “the one” on an online dating application but they live on a different continent? Modern technology and globalization has made the world feel much smaller and, today, the relationships we make are no longer confined by geography. As a United States citizen, you may petition for your fiancé(e) to come to the United States so that you can marry. You can also petition for your fiancé(e)’s minor children. 

Generally, you may file this petition if you and your fiancé(e):

  • Are legally free to marry and intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s admission to the United States; and
  • Have met each other in person within the two years immediately before you filed this petition, unless you establish that either:
    • The requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in person would violate strict and long-established customs of your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice, and that any and all aspects of the traditional arrangements have been or will be met in accordance with the custom or practice; or
    • The requirement to meet your fiancé(e) in person would result in extreme hardship to you.

Be a Step Closer to Your Loved One

Your fiancé(e)’s petition can be denied if they have violated U.S. immigration law in the past or have been convicted of certain crimes, so it is important to have reputable legal counsel throughout the process. 

If your fiancé(e) petition is granted, your fiancé(e) will be allowed to enter the United States, and you must marry within 90 days of their admission. 

You and your international sweetheart do not have to resign yourselves to years and years of long-distance love. Our attorneys are uniquely positioned to counsel you and your future spouse through the fiancé(e) petition process. Call us today to get started on this life-changing process!

Reunite with that special someone! Call our Oakland firm today at (510) 834-1288 or fill out our online form to contact us!

Genuinely Committed to Your Immigration Case

Contact Us Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy